Friday, November 5, 2010

Let the lil' lady talk.

Song that inspired this reflective post: Let The Little Lady Talk - Capital Lights

So, I was up in Ottawa last week, for a program called Encounters With Canada (EWC). For those unfamiliar with the program, it's where teenagers from all across the country stay at the Terry Fox Centre for one week, studying a subject area of their choice.
Well, lemme just tell you, I died. I made some o' my best friends up there, and I'll miss 'em like i n s a n e.
*dies quietly*
I am here to-day to talk to y'all about... the toonie.
The toonie? all you Americans are askin' yourselfs. WTF is she gettin' on with this time?
Well, ya animals, the toonie is a two dollar coin. It was named after the loonie, which features a loon on it c:
Chyeah, we Canananadians love our lil' jokes. HAHAHA.
K, movin' onwards. So, the loonie and the toonie, as opposed to George Washington and the nonexistent American Two Dollar bill. Which doesn't exist, in case I wasn't clear enough :o
The only drawback of having coins instead of bills is that having a wad of cash makes me feel important, even if they are only worth a buck, or a buck thirty, if you wanna get specific.
I enjoy feeling important, with my wad of bills :3
So. That was a forced bloggage from the desk o' the one an' only donut, who feels like throwin' herself off a cliff right now. PEACE.
- katharine the perfectly excellent, who may or may not be ridin' the fence

No comments:

Post a Comment