Monday, October 4, 2010

Accents an' Snookie's butt: Joisey Shore?

So, here I am, watchin' some Jersey Shore (the latest episode, JUST SO YOU KNOW), and I find myself wondering about their accents. As some of ya young folks might know, the kiddos on Jersey Shore have Jersey accents, and pronounce some of their words funny, such as 'joisey' and 'goil'.
I personally find Jersey accents friggin' C-U-T-E, but I, unfortunately don't live in Jersey ;c The only accents down my way are Newfoundland ones.
A Newfie accent sounds like this:
*clears throat dramatically*
I'se da b'ye dat builds da boat,
An' I'se dah b'ye dat sails, 'er!
I'se dah b'ye dat catches deh feesh,
An' brings 'em home ter Lizer!

...
...
It's a real song, okay ;c
Also, Italian accents are really cool -- all cute and Italian and whatnot.
French accents are a whole other kettle o' fish. I live in a very diverse country; we have an entirely French province (Québec, and certain communities in Manitoba.) Therefore, being the exotic, jaded world traveler that I am, I've heard plenty of French accents. From people who barely speak English to those whose French is butchered and choppy from years of disuse, I have heard 'em all. I've found that the prettiest, nicest French accents are those that are light; gentle, pretty nuances of French threaded delicately throughout their words. Then, you can still understand what they're sayin', but they still have that little bit of exotic-ness that adds some hotness <3
Latah, gatahs c;

1 comment:

  1. We've got two types of accents here.
    -Texan
    -Mexican.
    If you aren't one or the other, you aren't from around here....

    ReplyDelete